01 February 2012

Thankful list :: January 2012

  • Fireworks,
  • Babysitting the well-behaved Higgins boys,
  • Nice, fairly-comprehensible English/Dutch/Slovak conversation while waiting at the foreign police,
  • Erik getting off work early sometimes,
  • Being engaged,
  • Found a wedding dress online for 90€,
  • The 90€ wedding dress fits and it's pretty,
  • We got to sit on the bus to Nitra,
  • The wedding dress selling people drove us from Nitra Autobusova Stanica to their house, and then back to Bratislava,
  • The wedding dress people also serving us tea, and giving us all the cookies from their kitchen table, and the bag of apples next to their door,
  • The 40€ suit for Erik,
  • Simonka playing some music at CityLight,
  • The new piano stand,
  • Time off from work at the beginning of January to spend with Erik and other friends,
  • My mint plant is still alive,
  • The flowers from Erik,
  • Second Hand store trousers for Erik (3 pairs for 6€) (in December),
  • Brown heavy jacket for me from the Second Hand store: 2€ (in December),
  • Skyping with Jenn S. (December),
  • Skyping with Antonia,
  • My finger is healing,
  • Clearance tomatoes,
  • Clearance chocolates,
  • "Italian night"
  • Erik's late starts at work so he could go with me to the foreign police and insurance offices,
  • The angry man at the foreign police didn't come back with a weapon,
  • The overhang to stand under at the foreign police,
  • Erik translating for me,
  • The successful trip to the insurance office,
  • Feeling comfortable and welcome around Erik's family,
  • The nice relaxing weekend in Esztergom,
  • The useful information from the lady at the office in Stúrovo,
  • All the nice people at the church in Esztergom (even though I couldn't understand them myself, I could just feel they were nice),
  • Getting my haircut,
  • The flower on my houseplant is blooming,
  • So many days of blue skies (even when the temperatures are below freezing),
  • A little bit of snow,
  • Calvin and Hobbes comics online,
  • A new student in my low-attendance teenage class,
  • There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
  • The pizza party to celebrate the January birthdays,
  • Getting paid to speak natively at a gymnasium,
  • I have no shortage of things to read,
  • Being in Europe during the US presidential election campaigns,
  • Tomek getting to speak at the Catholic church in Poland,
  • All my needs have always been met,
  • Just happened to have an extra little activity on hand for when I couldn't log into the laptop during a lesson,
  • Finding some wedding band options that we both like in our price range,
  • Heather comes home soon,
  • Finding wedding napkins and plates at IKEA in exactly the colors we want,
  • The hand blender set at TESCO for cheap,
  • The spice containers for less than 1€ each at IKEA,
  • The meatball deal at IKEA (plate of 10 meatballs for 1€),
  • Seeing Lucka and Marcin at IKEA (my first time running into people I know in months!),
  • Erik being favored by the head chef and other supervisors at his work,
  • Cheap flights to Rome, 
  • A really good deal on rooms at Sheraton hotels for employees,
  • All Paja's help with bank things,
  • The Melos are feeling better after being ill,
  • Meeting another international couple on Sunday,
  • Getting to know the bus connections around the city a little better,
  • An easy week at work before new classes begin

2 comments:

  1. I like this one: Being in Europe during the US presidential election campaigns. Also, what happened to your finger?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Danielle, that nasty rash came back on my finger! Remember the one that wrinkled my nail and made it look so bad with paint on it?

    ReplyDelete