01 March 2012

Thankful List :: February 2012

Sushi making
  • Recycled paper to write lists on,
  • People who work in shops who can speak English,
  • The tip from the meteorologist about what weather website to use (www.shmu.sk),
  • The bus driver who waited for me while I ran to catch the bus, 
  • None of my nightmares about my Demo Lesson came true,
  • Having a Konverzacia course on my schedule,
  • Erik and I share the same sense of humour,
  • The hot water is working again,
  • All the good things going on (and coming up) at Class,
  • The protests in the city so far haven't been violent (or at least I haven't had to witness any violence nearby),
  • The beautiful new Class Culture Book,
  • Mom and Dad have their flights to Vienna,
  • Erik's tiramisu,
  • Dinner with the Melos and the Počajs,
  • Getting to hear Paja and Ilga's stories,
  • The Melos driving us home,
  • Leftovers,
  • Meeting a goldsmith who wants to do our rings,
  • The bus driver who waited for us as we ran farther and faster than the last time a bus driver had to wait for us,
  • The English/Slovak labels on everything (všetko) in the kitchen,
  • Meeting another American girl,
  • McCafé,
  • Erik's new razor (and his willingness to use it),
  • Leftovers (I guess I'm double thankful for these),
  • Lucia's "Alzheimer Prevention Course" on Monday and Wednesday afternoons,
  • The school laptop has been working,
  • Pete and Edina lending me keys to work when I locked myself out,
  • Coffee time with Sara and being able to share some knowledge about the city,
  • Heather's home!!
  • Running into Sue in the city,
  • Sushi and spending time with people,
  • The relaxing evening with the Melos,
  • Erik's amazing cooking,
  • Niki driving us across town,
  • Alberto driving us home (x2),
  • My tastebuds,
  • Payday,
  • Meeting with Lucka and Marcin,
  • .50€ sale at the Second Hand store (and actually finding good stuff),
  • Health insurance,
  • Plastic toilet seats aren't so cold,
  • Lots and lots of time to rest,
  • Erik bringing me bread and jam,
  • Erik translating for me at the doctor,
  • DIY wedding websites with detailed how-to information,
  • Grace being willing to design complicated announcements/invitations,
  • The antidiarrheal medicine doesn't taste so bad,
  • The doctor letting me quit the antibiotics early,
  • The rash from the antibiotics is going away without treatment,
  • Coffee with Katie,
  • The little sesame seeds on the pretzel sticks,
  • Erik's cooking makes even antidiarrheal diets bearable,
  • Laura has her flight booked!!
  • Erik is already feeling better,
  • Skvela lesson with Simona,
  • Slovak lesson resources from Simona,
  • Libuš lending me a huge Obrazovný Slovník,
  •  Late Valentine's Day dinner of delicious Indian food,
  • The DVDs from Paja worked on my laptop,
  • Erik's camera is working again,
  • The thing in the dishwasher that makes it smell like lemon (and not old food),
  • The nice weather over the weekend and time to walk and talk with Erik, 
  • Americky Tyžd'en at Lidl,
  • Beef and chili potato chips,
  • A no show lesson,
  • The gift of bread from someone else's student,
  • My most ornery students were enthusiastic to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider, and were even quiet as they listened to their classmates sing,
  • "Warm" spring wind, 

No comments:

Post a Comment