30 September 2011

Thankful List: September 2011

  • This toffee wholenut Milka bar
  • Work starting this month
  • Banana bread
  • All my papers finally in to the foreign police
  • Time to run in the mornings
  • Sudoku puzzles
  • Public Slovak courses (for free!)
  • Tjamme's visit to City Light
  • Sterile milk
  • I don't feel lonely
  • No business classes on my work schedule
  • American music playing in the stores
  • Having some direction about which church to attend
  • Bathroom sink is unclogged
  • The trip to the zoo with Zuzka (and seeing the rhinosaurus)
  • Zumba class
  • Making friends despite language barriers
  • Being under the impression that instant coffee tastes good
  • Sunday evening's with tea, cake, and good friends
  • The time at the foreign police to talk to Miška and learn more about Slovakia
  • I like Bratislava
  • I'm not a smoker
  • No prescription necessary for a tube of Hydrocortison Léčiva
  • All the jars of sauce and bread topping made from the garden produce
  • Burčiak
  • My jacket
  • The excitement of cold, dark weather
  • I've been in Europe for 3 months and I'm allowed to stay still longer
  • Knowing this Slovak phrase: "Prosím si..."
  • All my nice, helpful, patient coworkers
  • Having work keys and a code for the printer
  • The broken Bankomat that I gave my pin number to didn't do anything to my account
  • Finished 2 lesson plans on Saturday
  • Delicious yogurt products
  • A complete first week of work
  • Making more connections around the city
  • Renewed my bus pass with little trouble
  • The conviction to buy a bus ticket, even if I don't think they'll check,
  • Jozef's baptism
  • The new plant from Zuzka
  • Finished all of Monday's planning before the Monday of my second week
  • Instant decaf coffee in the school kitchen
  • Miška giving me some nice organizing/teaching supplies that I thought I had to buy for myself
  • The laminator
  • Inexpensive bread
  • The neighbor's motion-sensor light
  • Some evergreen trees in our neighborhood
  • Finished TWO lesson plans for next week on the Thursday before
  • A low number at the foreign police 
  • The kind lady who could translate for me at the foreign police
  • A Friday Slovak lesson with Simona
  • A useful and interesting meeting at work
  • The leaves are changing

No comments:

Post a Comment