01 November 2011

Thankful List:: October 2011

  • I haven't walked through a spider's web in a long time,
  • The sun shines everyday (whether I can see it or not),
  • The sky has been blue for at least 3 days in a row,
  • I don't feel ill at all,
  • Peanut butter from Ed,
  • I've been spoiled with visitors,
  • I have my residence card,
  • I can communicate that "I don't understand" in Slovak,
  • Lucia going to the insurance office with me,
  • I probably have some of the most pleasant language students ever,
  • Headphone jacks in the school computers,
  • I didn't start crying at the foreign police when I wanted to,
  • Erik walking with me to TESCO and the bus stop at night,
  • Conversation lessons and materials from Andrew,
  • Seeing old women with purple hair,
  • Petr and Maria who randomly introduced themselves to me and brightened my morning,
  • The package from home,
  • The elderly man who gave me bits of directions to the post office in German,
  • Being able to communicate with the ladies at the post office,
  • It's cloudy but I still feel happy,
  • My students not wanting their lessons to be over sometimes,
  • Conversation lessons with the International Women's Club,
  • Feeling a warm connection with the Mierne Pokročilý class,
  • Joshua is here,
  • Being able to walk across the boarder to Hungary without a passport,
  • Not working at the Skydome during homecoming weekend,
  • Opwekking liedjes on Youtube,
  • New socks,
  • The package from home (I guess I'm double thankful for that :) ),
  • The "cowboy" who signed each postcard,
  • Dusan playing the piano for City Light,
  • "Free days" with Heather and Erik,
  • Girl-chats with Heather,
  • Cookies from Heather,
  • Whatever God decides is best for me actually IS the best for me,
  • 2 avocados for 1.99 euro,
  • Warm brown bread from TESCO,
  • Inexpensive toothpaste,
  • TESCO in Ruzinov,
  • A newly discovered, more efficient route to Heather's house,
  • A no-show lesson,
  • A long weekend coming up,
  • The book, God's Smuggler from Joshua,
  • All Heather's old food,
  • Getting my insurance card with little trouble,
  • The early morning conversation lesson rescheduled to the evening,
  • Chocolate zucchini cake,
  • Helpful feedback after being observed,
  • Skype dates set-up (and carried through with),
  • Money from private lessons,
  • The Maze of Terror lesson plan,
  • Michael Swan's Practical English Usage,
  • The Twix bar from Andrew,
  • Being able to borrow the creative games and things that Edina makes for kid's courses,
  • Libuš and Ed's collection of English books,
  • 3 pens that work really well for 99 cents,
  • A great pumpkin for 4 euro,
  • Paprika for 25 cents,
  • Self Check-out at TESCO that I can use to get rid of pennies and break large bills without feeling like I'm inconveniencing anyone,
  • Some of the most beautiful, vibrant maple leaves I've ever seen are falling in "my own" backyard,
  • The sun is showing today and I even felt its warmth on my face,
  • No trick-or-treaters and hardly any other reminders that it's Halloween,
  • Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary for pressing leaves
  • A productive but relaxing day off,
  • All the wonderful pumpkin products,
  • Food and train tickets are inexpensive here

1 comment:

  1. The drivers on the road were insane during homecoming weekend - glad you missed it!

    ReplyDelete